Our Commitment to You
In these unprecedented and challenging times, we want you to know that we are with you.
COVID-19 has disrupted everyday life in big and small ways. Now, more than ever, we need to support one another and protect the most vulnerable among us.
We are deeply committed to the health and wellbeing of this community, and we recognize that your City government plays an important role in maintaining the overall health of Castle Pines.
It is important to us that we reach out and remind you of our commitment to you. Our commitment to you is more than words. We’re putting our local government to work to help you stay safe. We’ve ordered FDA approved masks for our community. We expect these masks to arrive in mid- to late-April, and we’re working on a plan for distribution. We believe that wearing masks can help minimize the spread of COVID-19 and providing these to our residents can make a tangible impact to improve safety, and will be a key component when we begin a return to normalcy.
You elected us to govern on your behalf and we want you to know that you can count on us to:
● Do everything within our power and authority to ensure the safety of this community
● Commit appropriate resources to ensure the long-term sustainability of Castle Pines
● Support our City staff so that they can continue to support you
● Be forward-thinking and take action today to keep the community viable for the long-term
● Lead by example by following the federal, state and local guidelines
● Understand the decisions being made at all levels of government have real impacts on all of us as people
● Take thoughtful and impactful action to help whenever possible
During these times, while you are staying home and doing your part, we are doing our part to serve you, from a distance. #WeAreCastlePines elected officials and we continue to:
● Maintain our roads and other infrastructure assets by finalizing our capital construction contracts for 2020
● Analyze and update our budget to ensure we have adequate funding for services today and into the future
● Develop policies allowing us to continue to operate like moving to virtual Council meetings to safeguard the community’s health, safety, and welfare while keeping our community moving forward
● Take action to provide all municipal services to the community without interruption
● Work with homeowners, developers, and builders to maintain inspections and keep projects advancing within the community
● Look for ways to leverage state and federal funds to support our citizens and businesses who may need assistance during these unique economic times
#WeAreCastlePines, whether we live down the block or clear on the other side of the City, our community connections will carry us through to better days.
During these times community is more important than ever. We are proud that this community is leading by example, coming together and supporting each other. #WeAreCastlePines
Continue to be kind, help one another, and most of all, stay healthy.