Traffic Impact Update
Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) crews completed deer guard installations on the west side of the Happy Canyon bridge on Wednesday night, January 25. It is currently open to traffic in both directions. Operations will continue through this weekend and into next week to install the east Happy Canyon deer guards and wrap up final installation tasks.
The following schedule is weather dependent and subject to change:
- Friday & Saturday, January 27 & 28: Single lane closure of the east side of the Happy Canyon bridge from 6 p.m. to 6 a.m. Crews will have one lane open with flagging operations. Friday night work will focus on installing the westbound lane grates. Saturday night work will focus on installing the eastbound lane grates. Temporary holds may take place while the larger pieces are being set.
- Wednesday through Friday, February 1-3: Single lane closure of the east side of the Happy Canyon bridge from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Crews will have one lane open with flagging operations from Happy Canyon Road to Lagae Road. Wednesday and Thursday will focus on utility work in westbound lanes. On Friday, utility operations will alternate between east and westbound lanes.
For real-time lane closure information on this project and others across the state, please visit: https://www.cotrip.org.
Motorists are encouraged to account for 10 to 15 minutes of extra travel time while the closures are in place. Lanes will re-open outside of working hours.
For additional information about this project:
- Call the project information line at 970.880.4318
- Email the project team at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit the project website