Following the unanimous approval of an amendment to the City's current office space lease by the City Council, City municipal offices will be consolidated into a single location on the second floor of 7437 Village Square Drive (just east of the Castle Pines Library). This location currently houses the public works and building departments. The consolidation will be completed in March. Stay tuned for a final move date in the coming weeks.
“I am proud of our city staff — they receive high marks from our residents, local business owners, and developers alike — but Castle Pines is growing, and the need for city services has outgrown the small space we currently rent from the library,” said Councilman Roger D. Hudson. “Finding a cost-effective solution, without resulting in debt, is an excellent resolution to a short-term problem, with long-term benefits for our city.”
The move has several benefits for Castle Pines residents and other City stakeholders:
- Consolidating staff offices to a single building location will improve efficiency and customer service for residents and the business community.
- The move provides a single location for City offices until a final decision is made on a permanent home for City offices and public meetings.
- The amended lease provides a solution for City offices for at least five years. The agreement also includes options to extend the lease for an additional three years on two separate occasions, for a total of up to 11 years.
- The City and Douglas County Libraries will continue to build upon their already strong relationship. All public meetings and select resident events will continue to be held at the Castle Pines Library Event Hall.
- The vacated office space at the Castle Pines Library will allow Douglas County Libraries to expand collaboration and coworking spaces for residents. These spaces are in high demand at other Douglas County Library locations.
All City services will remain open as usual during the move. For questions about the move or City services, you can still call 303-05-0200 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.