COMPREHENSIVE PLAN UPDATE
THE COMPREHENSIVE PLAN UPDATE
The City of Castle Pines Comprehensive Plan was first adopted in 2016. While the Plan continues to provide clear and realistic direction for future growth, some changes are needed to reflect recent Plan implementation efforts, development activity, and demographic shifts within the City.
As the community evolves and grows, so do the needs of its residents. With your help, this Plan Update can be a guide for city leaders, businesses, and residents, as the City more than doubles in population over the next two decades.
The Comprehensive Plan is a community-driven process that establishes the vision for the future of the community, identifies goals and objectives to help guide development decisions, and lists key activities that shape the built and natural environments.
WHY IT’S IMPORTANT
With your engagement, the City has stayed the course of the 2016 Plan and has made significant strides in accomplishing many community priorities since the Plan’s adoption. In order for this momentum to continue, we need your input! Your participation will help us understand how community preferences, new technologies, emerging trends, and regional opportunities may affect the future of this community.
• For residents and visitors, the Plan identifies details like locations for future commercial amenities, housing, parks, trails, facilities, etc.
• For business and property owners, the Plan includes land use recommendations and development policies.
• For City leaders and decision-makers, the Plan provides direction on the topics of development, policies, programs, and services, as well as gives guidance on budget and timing for capital improvements and development reviews.
To build a community where residents can live, work and play requires public investment, commercial development, and cooperation among community organizations to maximize funding and services.
WE WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU
Your involvement is vital to the success of the Plan Update. There will be several opportunities to get involved and share your thoughts to help shape the future of Castle Pines.
How to get involved today:
1. Take a 5-min questionnaire to let us know:
- What you think has been the most positive improvements in our community
- What you consider a top concern
- What project you would like us to work on next
2. Sign up for a short one-on-one stakeholder interview. Talk with one of our team members over the phone to share your ideas.
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Between now and December 31, 2020, we will be conducting several questionnaires to learn more about your ideas, vision, and suggestions to continue the momentum in Castle Pines’ evolution.
To participate and follow the conversation:
- Sign-up to participate in a one-on-one interview
- Take the questionnaire
- Subscribe to our newsletter
- Register to receive text alerts from the City