Alternate Route Suggestions:
The City of Castle Pines and Castle Pines North Metro District are partnering on this joint infrastructure project to rebuild a half-mile segment of Castle Pines Parkway and replace the existing water main between Yorkshire Drive and Monarch Boulevard starting June 21, 2021. This project is just the first major component in the rehabilitation of the City’s two major roads!
Project Improvements for Better Mobility and Safety:
- Reconstruction of this stretch of roadway will replace crumbling infrastructure with a new asphalt roadway to serve the community for years.
- Removal and replacement of aging curb and gutter to create a safer ride for bicyclists.
- Installing 6′ bicycle lanes in both directions.
- The existing sidewalk on the north side of the parkway will be rebuilt and a new, detached 8′ wide sidewalk installed.
- All new ADA pedestrian curb ramps will be constructed providing better access for people with disabilities.
- Crews are currently out excavating, laying pipe, removing inlets and pouring concrete for inlets for the remainder of the week. Next up will be grading and putting in base course to start asphalt.
- Full eastbound lane closure began June 21, 2021
- Construction began: June 21, 2021 – alternate routes are advised for both vehicles and bicyclists
- Anticipated completion: December 2021
Anyone traveling this corridor can expect throughout the project:
- Construction work Monday through Friday, during the hours of 7 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and until further notice contractor will be working Saturdays 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Full eastbound lane closures followed by full westbound lane closures after work on the eastbound side has been completed.
- Castle Pines Parkway to remain open to single lane traffic in both directions, though alternate routes are advised due to likely delays.
- Potential sidewalk closures on the north side of Castle Pines Parkway for pedestrians.
- Bicycle lane closures.
- Various neighborhood entry closures at different times during the project. Suggested alternate routes will be provided as necessary.
The City of Castle Pines has partnered with the Castle Pines North Metro District (CPNMD) to complete this project. City Council approved almost $5 million for roadwork in 2021, which is 40% of all City expenditures for the year. The City’s projected share of the total cost of this project is about $2.3 million and CPNMD’s projected share of the total cost will be about $1.3 million.
Other City expenditures related to road improvements:
- $1.5 million for additional planned roadwork on Castle Pines Parkway west of Monarch and Monarch north of Castle Pines Parkway plus residential road maintenance. Details and timing on these projects is forthcoming following the start of the Castle Pines Parkway reconstruction project.
- $450,000 for street/sidewalk maintenance repairs
- $125,000 for signal improvements
- $75,000 for pedestrian related improvements