Castle Pines Parkway and Lagae Road Intersection and Widening from Village Square Drive to Yorkshire Drive
Important Safety Tips when Driving along Castle Pines Parkway during Construction:
Some helpful tips:
- The speed throughout the work zone is 25 mph.
- Remember to slow down and allow ample room for construction workers to perform their jobs.
- Plan extra time for your car trip to accommodate for potential delays.
- Minimize distractions while driving through a construction zone.
Anyone traveling this corridor can expect throughout the project:
- Construction work Monday through Friday, during the hours of 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. with possible work happening on Saturdays as necessary.
- Work near school zones is expected to be complete before the start of school to minimize travel delays.
- Business access will be maintained at all signalized intersections. Lane widths may be constricted at times.
The City of Castle Pines will be reconstructing over a half-mile segment of Castle Pines Parkway providing improvements to the Lagae Road Intersection and Widening the parkway from Village Square Drive to Yorkshire Drive.
Project Improvements for Better Mobility and Safety:
- Improvements to safety, mobility, and traffic operations in the commercial core of Castle Pines.
- Removal and replacement of aging curb and gutter to create a safer ride for bicyclists.
- Providing continuous 6' bicycle lanes in both directions.
- Upsizing drainage facilities along the parkway.
- Expanding the Lagae Road Intersection to provide additional turn lanes.
- Construction begins: June 1, 2022
- Anticipated completion: November 2022
Want to learn more about our long-term Road Solution?
City Council has created a Plan of Action for the Streets of Castle Pines. Visit our Road Solutions page and find out how the City plans to invest heavily in our infrastructure over the next 4-5 years!