The City of Castle Pines has an opportunity for teenagers living in our community to include their voice as a volunteer board member to the Parks and Recreation Advisory Board.
High School aged teenagers living in Castle Pines are encouraged to apply to be a member of the board and get involved with the community and positively impact the future of how we bike, hike, and play Castle Pines.
As a member of the new Parks and Recreation Advisory Board, board members have an opportunity to provide feedback on future recreational programs and parks of Castle Pines.
The board will:
- Advise City Council on different parks and recreation programs and services
- Make recommendations on parks and recreation programs based on the City’s annual budget
- Help plan parks and recreation programs and promote and encourage public interest
- Recommend policies for the acquisition, development, and improvement of recreation, parks, and play facilities
- Recommend parks and recreation legislative policies to City Council
- Review and assist with updating the City’s Parks and Recreation Comprehensive Plan
The board will consist of four adult members serving a two-year term and one high school aged youth serving a one-year term. Apply today to become a volunteer board member on the new Parks and Recreation Advisory Board.