Meeting highlights from the June 28 City Council meeting include:
- Approving an intergovernmental agreement (IGA) between the City and the Castle Pines North Metropolitan District. The IGA transfers public stormwater infrastructure oversight from the Metro District to the City. The City will now maintain all public stormwater system infrastructure in Castle Pines.
- Approving an agreement to conduct a transportation demand management study. This study will evaluate transit connections within Castle Pines and will identify effective strategies for connecting to RTD services and using the Castle Pines park-and-ride as a transit access hub. The majority of the study will be paid for via a grant awarded to the City by the Colorado Department of Transportation.
- Adopting the 2022 Parks and Recreation Comprehensive Plan Update.
- Approving an ordinance to amend the Castle Pines Municipal Code to prohibit road cuts and excavations of newly paved and resurfaced streets for two years to better manage street degradation.
- Declining the right to purchase Lot 1 of the Lagae Family Parcel.
To view more information about all agenda items or to view the meeting recording, please visit the City Council Meeting webpage.