Meeting highlights from the March 28 City Council meeting include:
- Approving updates to the City's fee schedule, including changes to building permit fees and the addition of park fees for park rentals previously managed by the Castle Pines North Metropolitan District.
- Approving the acquisition of property for parks and open space from the Douglas County School District. The property is located on the northeast corner of Monarch Boulevard and Hidden Point Boulevard, near Coyote Ridge Park.
- Approving the award of a contract to Schmidt Construction Company for the 2023 Pavement Rehabilitation Program.
- Approving the award of a contract to Jalisco International, Inc. for the 2023 Monarch Boulevard Rehabilitation project. The rehabilitation work will occur from Winter Berry Drive to the northern city limits.
- Approving an intergovernmental agreement to dissolve the Rueter-Hess Recreation Authority and to establish the Douglas County Board of County Commissioners as the managing jurisdiction of recreation operations and management at the Rueter-Hess Reservoir.
- Approving an intergovernmental agreement with the Castle Pines North Metropolitan District (CPNMD) to transfer parks, recreation, open space, and trail responsibilities from CPNMD to the City, effective March 31, 2023.
To view more information about all agenda items or to view the meeting recording, visit the City Council Meeting webpage.