Douglas County, including the City of Castle Pines, are officially in Stage 1 Fire Restrictions. Ordinance No. O-012-004 restricts open fires, open burning and the use of fireworks in the unincorporated areas of Douglas County, including the City of Castle Pines.These restrictions are necessary to help land management agencies reduce fire risk and prevent wildfires.
The general guidance on Stage 1 restrictions are listed below:
- Open burning of any kind
- Use of fireworks
- Fires within liquid-fueled or gas-fueled stoves, fireplaces within buildings, charcoal grill fires within developed residential or commercial areas, and fires within wood burning stoves within buildings only
- Professional fireworks displays
- Fire suppression or fire department training fires
- Small recreational fires at developed picnic or campground sites contained in fixed permanent metal/steel fire pits (rock fire rings are considered temporary and not permanent) with flame lengths not in excess of four feet or the residential use of charcoal grills, tiki torches, fires in chimineas or other portable fireplaces or patio fire pits, so long as said fires are supervised by a responsible person at least 18 years of age
- Professional fireworks displays.
Visit the Douglas County website for more information.