Apply to serve on a City board or commission

Looking to serve your community? Apply to serve on either the Castle Pines Planning Commission/Board of Adjustment or the Parks and Recreation Advisory Board. Serving on a City board or commission typically requires attending one evening meeting per month.

Applications are due by 4:30 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 12. You may submit your completed application by emailing it to City Clerk Tobi Duffey at or by dropping it off at City offices (7437 Village Square Drive, Suite 200).

Planning Commission/Board of Adjustment Application

The combined Planning and Zoning Commission/Board of Adjustment is a seven-member commission comprised of Castle Pines residents. The Commission deliberates and makes recommendations to the City Council on land use applications, proposed long-range policy planning documents, and zoning regulations. The primary responsibility of the Board of Adjustment is to hold public hearings on variance requests and consider appeals to interpretations made by City officials. Meetings are held on the fourth Thursday of each month. Members serve three-year terms.

Parks and Recreation Advisory Board Application

The Parks and Recreation Advisory Board serves in an advisory capacity to City Council to consult on the planning of parks, recreation programs, and services. The Board meets on the third Thursday of each month. Members serve two-year terms.

Contact City Clerk Tobi Duffey at with any questions about either board or commission or the application process.