City Manager's Office
City Manager’s Office
The City of Castle Pines operates within the Council-Manager form of government. This system of local government combines the strong political leadership of elected officials in the form of a city council, with the managerial experience of an appointed local government manager. This follows a representative system where all power is concentrated in the elected council as a whole and the council hires a professionally trained manager to oversee the delivery of public services.
Role of the City Manager:
The City Manager is the administrative head of the City and is responsible to the City Council for the administration and execution of all affairs of the City. The City Manager is responsible for the implementation of policy and procedures as directed by the City Council through coordination and supervision of operations in all City departments.
City Manager Organizational Expectations
To provide outstanding municipal services through operational excellence and a culture of innovation.
- Provide professional leadership in the administration and execution of city policy as established by council;
- Champion an engaged, collaborative, and innovative organizational culture;
- Seek out creative opportunities for intentional growth to execute on the Council vision;
- Establish relationships and partnerships to implement community priorities.
- Stewardship: Our actions and decisions value the investments of the past and acknowledge future investments on behalf of the community.
- Excellence: We continually look for ways to improve the level of service we provide to the community.
- Empowerment: All levels of the organization participate in the exchange of ideas and suggestions. Employees are encouraged to take responsibility and accountability for actions.
- Outstanding Service: We provide exceptional customer service to all customers (internal and external).
- Communication Information is shared in a timely manner with all levels of the organization and the public in an open and honest manner.
- Accountability: We are held accountable for displaying responsibility toward organizational expectations and performance of goals.
- Community Involvement: We are committed to providing opportunities for community engagement in making community decisions.
- Honesty: We conduct ourselves in a honest and fair manner.
- Integrity: We operate with the highest level of integrity in all our actions.
- Coordination: We work with neighboring communities to maximize efficiencies