Permits & Applications



Permits and Applications

The City will soon be implementing an online application and permitting portal. Until this system is up and running, please click the links below to download the necessary permits and applications. Please contact staff directly if you have any questions about what is required for your proposed project.


Land Use Applications

Pre-Submittal Application

Sign Permit Application

Land Use Application


Public Works Applications

Fee Schedule


Right-of-Way Permit Application

The Public Works Department issues all right-of-way construction, grading and utility permits (excluding building permits) for the construction of public infrastructure within the City of Castle Pines. Any work performed inside the City of Castle Pines right-of-way (ROW) or easements must have a valid Right-of-Way Use and/or Construction Permit and/or an Access Permit.

The storage of materials and equipment within the public ROW also requires a permit. This permit is issued to ensure public safety and reduction of future maintenance issues. The permit holder must call the Public Works Inspection Department, 303-705-0216, at least 24 hours (one business day), but not more than 120 hours, in advance of commencing work or penalties associated with a “Stop Work” order may apply.

Right-of-Way Permit Application

Permit Procedures and Bonding Requirements

Stormwater Permits

Grading, erosion and sediment control permits can be accessed below.

Grading, Erosion, and Sediment Control (GESC) Permit  

Grading, Erosion, and Sediment Control (GESC) Permit (Low Impact)