Meeting highlights from the January 23 City Council meeting include:
- Approving the acceptance of right-of-way and easement areas for sections of South Havana Street and Castle Pines Parkway from Douglas County.
- Approving City Council appointees to various committees and boards for 2024 and 2025.
- Approving an intergovernmental agreement with Douglas County that accepts the County's contribution of $1.5 million toward the construction cost of the Happy Canyon Road and Lagae Road roundabout.
- Approving a change order to a professional services agreement with Ulteig Engineers, Inc. for construction management and inspection services for the reconstruction of Monarch Boulevard.
- Approving a change order to the professional services agreement with Wilson & Company, Inc., Engineers and Architects for construction management and inspection services for the Happy Canyon Road and Lagae Road roundabout.
- Approving a bid award to RMD LTD, LLC for street reconstruction, stormwater, and pedestrian improvements on Monarch Boulevard.
- Approving a bid award to RMD LTD, LLC for the construction of the Happy Canyon Road and Lagae Road roundabout.
- Approval of a professional services agreement with Michael Baker International, Inc. for design services for the I-25 bike and pedestrian bridge.
Update from City Manager Michale Penny
Following the approval of contracts for the construction of the Happy Canyon Road and Lagae Road roundabout and the reconstruction of portions of Monarch Boulevard, staff will begin working with the contractors to finalize the construction schedule and plans for traffic management. These projects will include significant traffic impacts. Stay tuned for more information in the coming months and be sure to follow posted signage in construction zones when the project begins. Crews will work diligently to complete these projects as quickly as possible.
To view more information about all agenda items or to view the meeting recording, visit the City Council Meeting webpage.