Road Solutions: A Plan of Action for all Streets
Over the past several years, the City has actively pursued funding options to significantly improve the City's roadway infrastructure without additional taxes. This solution involves partnerships that City Council has built at all levels of government, from Douglas County and the Denver Regional Council of Governments (DRCOG) to the Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) and federal grants and programs. The funding secured through these partnerships will allow the City to complete major road projects as well as perform preventative maintenance in several areas of Castle Pines through 2027.
Next Steps and Future Planning
The City started full reconstruction on Castle Pines Parkway in June 2021 with Phase One between Monarch Boulevard and Yorkshire Drive. The City completed Phase Two between Yorkshire Drive and Village Square Drive in November 2022.
In 2023, efforts will shift to improving portions of Monarch Boulevard from Winter Berry Drive to the northern City limits and the intersection of Happy Canyon Road and Lagae Road. Information on the most recent road construction efforts can be found on the Road Construction Projects webpage.
By taking an aggressive approach, the City plans to achieve the following over the next few years:
- Complete the work as quickly as possible to get City infrastructure back on track while preventing construction zone fatigue and frustration for citizens.
- Be adaptable and flexible for seasonal construction and budgetary cycles.
- Proactively communicate when and where improvements are occurring as funding becomes solidified for each effort.
- Maximize the life of our entire roadway system by allocating funding for meaningful maintenance improvements along residential streets while these major arterials are being improved.
- Road Solutions Construction Phasing Map
- Road Solutions Construction Timeline
- Scroll through the Road Solutions Storymap to learn more about the history of the City's roads
Stay up to date and learn more by one of the following ways:
Checking this page often by bookmarking www.castlepinesco.gov/road-solutions.
Sign up for our newsletter. The Source Community Newsletter
Visit our social channels. Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | NextDoor
Contact us via email or call us at 303-705-0200.